* Have the well, bore well in the North-East of the building. Keep the North-East as open,
clean and clutter-free as possible.
* The main door should be the biggest door in the house. It should preferably be of two
* Keep the center of the building and the center of the plot free from any loads, beams,
pillars, columns and wells.
* Never have beams, pillars, depressions or wells in the center of the house.
* Have the master bedroom in South-West of the house.
* Sleep with head towards the South for good health. Never keep your head towards North.
* Children's bedroom should be in the West or East. Children can keep their heads towards
* The kitchen should be placed in the South-East. Face East while cooking. The gas stove
should be placed in South-East of the kitchen and it should not be directly in front of the
* Staircases should be in South, South-West or West. The final step should be towards the
South or East.
* The South and West sides of the building should be higher than the North and East
* Puja room should be in the North-East sector
* Orient yourself towards the auspicious directions. Make it a habit to sit facing North and
* Never put loads in the North-East corner of the house or the rooms.
* Cupboards containing property papers, documents, valuables, cash, and jewelry should be
kept in the South-west side of the master bedroom. The cupboards should open towards
* Balconies should be in the North or East. South-West balconies should be covered with
* Do not construct a kitchen and toilet next to each other.
* Broken mirrors stopped watches should not be kept in the house.
* Toilet seats should be aligned to the North-South axis.
* An image of Gajalakshmi or auspicious symbols like Swastika and Om should be placed
on the main door.
* Students should study facing East or North.
* Do not sit, work or sleep under a beam.
* Grow Tulsi and other herbal plants in the North-East. Grow auspicious trees like Ashoka,
Pomegranate, Neem, Lemon, Silva, and Champaka in the South-West of the house.
* Photographs/paintings of deities should be on the Eastern walls.
*Keep your house clean and clutter-free. Get rid of old clothes, newspapers, and junk from
time to time.
1.Vastu for the Main Entrance: Doorway
According to Vastu Shastra, the main entrance to a home is not only the entry point for the family, but
also for energy.
2. Vastu for the Meditation Room: Spirituality
Designating a room in the house for meditation and prayers will ensure spiritual growth. It is always
important for an individual to introspect and connect to a higher power.
Here is how you can go about designating a meditation/spiritual room:
* The east or north-east part of your home is perfect for meditation, yoga and other spiritual
* Facing east when you meditate will increase positivity
* Create a sacred altar and decorate it with candles or incense sticks
* White, beige, light yellow or green are great colour options for the room
3. Vastu for the Living Room: Social
In a home, the living room is where most of the activity is centred. It creates a favourable (or
unfavourable) first impression when guests enter for social gatherings. Therefore, ensure the living
room is clutter-free.Follow some important factor while making living room
* The living room should face east, north or north-east. Alternatively, a north-west-facing living
room is also favourable.
* Heavy furniture should be kept in the west or south-west direction of the living room.
*All electronics and appliances should be installed in the south-east section of the living room
* If there is a mirror in the room, ensure it is placed on the north wall
4. Vastu for the Courtyard: Cosmic Centre of the Home
Brahmasthan is a unique feature of ancient Indian architecture based on Vastu Shastra. It is the centre
of your abode and is considered to be the holiest and most powerful zone of the house.
* This part of your home should be spotless and clutter-free. A circumference of 1 to 1.5 metres of
the Brahmasthan should not have any obstructions or built-up area.
* The placement of the kitchen, bathroom or a pillar/beam attracts negative energy. This could have
an adverse effect on the health of your family members.
5. Vastu for the bedroom: Balance
Sometimes, the smallest things can turn your fortunes around. Vastu Shastra shows you how tweaking
your bedroom can enhance positive energy and even improve relations between couples.
6.Kitchen should be placed in the South-East. Face East while cooking. Gas stove should be placed in
South-East of the kitchen and it should not be directly in front of the main door.
7.Stair cases should be in South, South-West or West. The final step should be towards South or East.
8.Balconies should be in North or East. South-West balconies should be covered with blinds.
9.Grow Tulsi and other herbal plants in the North-East. Grow auspicious trees like Ashoka,
Pomegranate, Neem, Lemon, Silva and Champaka in the South-West of the house.
10.Photographs/paintings of deities should be on the Eastern walls.
11.Keep your house clean and clutter-free. Get rid of old clothes, newspapers and junk from time to